36 Weeks...

Monday was another check up! The non-stress test was great and the baby was kind of all over the place which is what we want. We also did a quick ultrasound and dr. said the baby is VERY low now and the only thing that could change is I go into labor! We are now starting appointments 2xs a week to keep an eye on things but dr. Doesn’t want to mess/check too much and cause things to get moving. The Baby’s head is very low and the pressure is crazy! I’m feeling extra huge! 


Thursday, we had another non-stress test which again was great and we did the group B test and dr. Checked to see if there was any dilation. The check was almost unbearable and painful, I thought for sure he would say we have made some progress but he said my cervix is still closed. He said things could still happen as the baby is still very low and probably a good reason for me to have our planned c-devotion. We will check in again next week! 

I prepped the kids so that they know what to expect and that things could really happen anytime now. Bryce was only 2 when Emma was born so had no idea what was going on and Emma has never gotten to experience her mama carrying a baby (although she tells us all the time she knows and remembers because she was looking down from heaven and watching us)

While we were in the car one day, I told them that they would be going to one of their grandparent's houses whenever it was time for me to go to the hospital and that when everything was all good dad would bring them up to visit me.

This brought on some questions...."How do you know it's time to go?"... I explained that we have a set date but if my water broke or I started having a lot of contractions I would need to go early. Then Bryce asked, "what happens when your water breaks???" I tried to explain the best I could...
"Babies are in like a balloon filled with water that protects them inside a belly and sometimes a mama's belly just can't hold that anymore and the water breaks, if that happens it means baby is ready to come that day."
Emma says, "so we were in a water balloon?"
"YUP! you were! and my water broke with Bryce but not Emma."
Bryce then says, "ok, but where does the water come from?"
"OH MY, It just comes out of you!"
and then Bryce says, "so it's like you peed yourself?"
and I responded with "exactly!!"
Then they had several questions about the c-section and how they cut my belly...
They could not believe that I would be wide awake when the dr. does this. I told them it will feel like it does when they go to the dentist to have a cavity filled...I will get a shot and my entire body will be numb so I will be awake but won't feel anything.

                                                               Crazy 1-week difference!!! 


                                                36 weeks with baby Swiss and baby Bryce! 
                                          Gained 30 pounds.                        Gained 25 pounds 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Another Week Down...