3rd Trimester....

Officially in the 3rd trimester and getting so close. I’m still hoping and thinking he will make his appearance on 8/1 "National Swiss Holiday"

The last few days I have thought a lot about the process so far. . . I think surrogates are a lot like unicorns. . . you’ve heard about them but have never seen one in person.  More and more people are noticing the growing belly and many have comments to make! Mostly strangers or people who I’m not friends with on social media are intrigued and have a million questions. Lucky for them, I have a million answers.

When I meet people or I’m stopped by strangers and asked questions about the baby or how far along I am; I’m very quick to respond with, “this one isn’t mine or I’m helping a family have another child.” Sometimes, it does make for a long conversation but I would feel weird not explaining it and just acting as though he's mine, especially when some people ask if it's a boy or a girl or what his name is. 

Other comments, I’ve gotten...” you still have 3 months!!”, “agh, good luck making it through this summer heat”, “3 kids, you are about to have your hands full”, “wow, you look like your ready to go any day”   -gee, thanks!! šŸ˜

I have had only a few women say, “I could never do that,” I simply reply, “Then don’t.”  It takes a very special woman to become a surrogate.  Actually, it takes a very special mom to become a surrogate. It’s a huge commitment full of emotions, pressure, stories, laughs, love, and time! Carrying someone else baby is way more nerve-wracking than carrying your own child. I was a lot more active with my personal pregnancies than I am with this one. I tend to rest a lot more and make sure I do everything right. I’m also an open book and constantly put myself in the mom's shoes...what would I want to know? how involved would I want to be? What updates would I absolutely love getting? I share it all with them so that they can feel like they are experiencing it all right along with me. 

I have had more women be full supporters and think what I’m doing is the absolute best thing ever and most will ask if I’m doing it for someone I know personally.  I didn’t know our Swiss family before I began this process but I do now and that’s exactly what we are...a family and I know that we will continue to be that throughout the rest of our lives. This little boy is such a special gift and he will be so loved, taken care of, and have the best life! Plus, he will always have his Florida family too. 

I’ll admit it’s kind of weird not preparing a baby room, picking out baby names and all the baby gear and there have even been times when I’m like, “how many weeks pregnant am I?” I still get the joy of stretch marks, leg cramps, and jabs to the bladder. AND soon the big day will be here and having such a great relationship with the parents is one of the most important things to me. We can’t wait for them to come to stay with us again and be here to experience the days leading up to the birth, watching this little prince make his debut, spending time with one another, and making some special memories. Most surrogates post after delivery that their journey has come to an end, I don’t think that will ever be the case for us! The pregnancy is just one chapter of our journey and I can’t wait to see how the rest unfold. 

 I have been spoiling my little belly buddy and godchild because that's what godmothers do and Emma and I enjoy shopping and finding special little "fox and lion” items along with goodies for our Swiss family when they are back in FL for 2 months. I started a little tradition of stopping by Target after every check-up appointment to get something as a way to celebrate! šŸŽ‰  Our extra room is filling up quickly with items that were “must-haves” with Bryce and Emma and some of the new things they have come out with since then. Baby's parents said the clothes here in America are much cuter than in Switzerland so we have gotten him a bunch of items for his arrival and have even made him a few special personalized onesies!! 

The big day seems so close yet so far away at the same time! šŸ˜Œ







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Another Week Down...