36 days or LESS...

The official countdown and Swiss baby watch are on...We are just 36 days or less from meeting a special little king!

Thursday, I went for a weekly checkup and our first stress test. I have never had to do the stress test monitoring before so did not really know what to expect or what they were looking for. The reason my Dr. has us doing it is that baby boy is measuring above average and because IVF is a little riskier and my dr. just wants to be sure we are up to date and extra observant.

Ultrasound looked great although he is still head and face down and very low so we probably will not be able to get any more good photos of him. So, we headed to another room for the non-stress test. I was hooked up and they told me I would sit for 20 mins while they recorded the baby's movements and how his heartbeat responded to that. I tried to lay very still and be very calm and after 20 mins the nurse and Dr. came in and said he was being very well behaved and quiet and that this heartbeat was steady between 133-147. They asked if I had breakfast which I did not because the night before I did not sleep well and slept in that morning and just made it to my appointment on time. They said that could be why and the baby was probably still sleeping too. They gave me half a Coke to drink and we still didn't have too much movement so they came back with an entire can of Coke. I also changed positions and sat up with my legs crossed and finally after about an hour we got a few readings. Dr. said he would prefer that I come back again on Monday to re-test and may have to come twice a week and be a frequent flier. ;) He also told me to keep count and if anything changes or he doesn't seem to be moving or active as he has been this entire pregnancy then to call him and he would have me go to the hospital. Of course hearing, this made me and MUM a little nervous. Once I got home I just chilled the rest of the day and night and sure enough, after I ate dinner and had some ice cream I counted and tracked his movements from 5pm-9pm and he moved around more than 40 times. I texted MUM so she could rest and I slept so well that night. Throughout the weekend his movements seem to be more on a schedule and not just all day long. He likes to be very active between 5-11pm and then in the middle of the night between 3-7pm. His parents joked and said well, Maybe he's going to be on a good Swiss schedule!

Today, we had our repeat non-stress test and this time I ate some pancakes and Swiss chocolate beforehand. Today’s test was much better! 🦊 was more active and we were able to get some good movements and readings. Dr. Said we can come back next Monday. The hospital bag is packed and ready to go whenever he is ready!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

Another Week Down...