Shots are DONE...



We just did my last Progesterone shot and my butt is so GRATEFUL! I was most nervous about doing these shots. Blood and needles don’t really bother me but this needle is no joke and very intimidating!! (1 1/2 inches😆) We did it though! A total of 74 shots!!! That is a lot of shots but I just keep thinking about all the women who do so much more than that and still have an unsuccessful journey.  The last 3 weeks were the worse...I had to talk myself into them, reward myself with Oreo's afterward, and had to clinch a blanket super tight for some. We had several bleeders and there was not much space left where I was supposed to inject. Big shout out to Blaise for helping me and doing almost all of them. I am glad he has a part in this too! I currently have some pretty large lumps on both sides and it hurts to touch and lay on, however it is so worth it and needed in order to grow this little LIME! That is the size of the baby at 12 weeks and we have officially hit the 2nd trimester tomorrow!!!! 🤗

Things are moving along quickly and although I was rushing these past few weeks to be finished with meds and shots I’m excited for the next few weeks ahead! My favorite things about being pregnant will be happening soon...feeling and seeing the little boy or girl move around and of course finding out the sex of the baby!! AND our IPs will be coming to visit and stay with us for a week during spring break!! We can’t wait to have them, show them around, and enjoy spending the week getting to know them more. ❤️

I also love that so many of my friends have become such great supporters on this journey. It really means a lot to have so many check-ins, ask questions, send messages, and take an interest in this process. My students have also taken interest and seem to care so much...asking if I am feeling ok, if we are going to find out the sex of the baby, why I have to take so many shots, how I am doing, etc. A frequent question I have been asked by both adults and my students is, "is it going to be hard giving up the baby?" and my answer is "not at all!" I went into this journey knowing there was nothing of mine to give. This baby is 100% my IPs DNA. Sure, there will be lots of love and emotion after growing a sweet babe for 9 months but I look at it as having a new little niece or nephew, and to see the parent's faces when their baby arrives will be priceless. Science is so cool and I keep replaying the day of our transfer over in my head of how it all happens. When I started the process I explained during my interviews that I did not just want to have a baby for someone and that to be the end. The agency we are using is also big on relationships and communication and as I have shared before we have grown and extended our own family already. We have such a great friendship and relationship with our IP's and the agency could not have found us a better match. We talk all the time and Skype frequently. The parents love all the details and updates I give them and I have no doubt that they will do the same and send me updates and milestones over a lifetime.
"Surrogacy- to carry a miracle under your heart for 9 months but in it for a lifetime" and I will do just this!!!

In honor of our 12-week mark and being done with shots and meds, I wanted to do a little photo......

74 progesterone shots
348 estrogen pills
a lot of hope, love, and super cool science

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Phase 2....