Results are in...

It has been an exciting but long week of waiting and anxiousness!!!

This morning I went for my blood test to check my BETA HGC levels.........

My IPs are so anxious and told me I could try calling our local clinic to see if they would tell us the #'s so we didn't have to wait so long to hear from San Diego. I gave them a call around 2pm and guess what??? The office closes at noon on Fridays. Had a minor heart attack thinking "oh no, I bet my results did not get sent over."

I messaged my IPs and asked if they could send an e-mail to San Diego, they did and our nurse is out of the office this week. 😓 IPs called the clinic and within 10 minutes we got an email from San Diego.

"I am very excited to share the news that your surrogate’s pregnancy hormone value is positive at 421, which is a great value!  We look forward to receiving the 2nd BHCG test result, which Jenna will schedule for 12/11/2018; we would like to see a rise of 66% every 2 days."

Other clinics say if your results are over 100 you do not have to go back for a 2nd test but our clinic has you test twice as protocol BUT this # is amazing so we have no doubts!!!

Since the transfer.....
I was pretty busy when we got back from the transfer with my students having their first dance showcase that weekend, which was good because it occupied my mind a few days, but on Saturday 12/1 I woke up feeling pregnant and just knowing it worked. I went on about my day but stopped by the store before our showcase to pick up some home pregnancy tests.

Sunday morning 12/2 - I woke up wide awake at 6:30am and said I gotta test! I did and had 2 super dark lines within a few seconds.

I tried to come up with a fun way to share the news with our IPs as we were planning to do a Skype call that morning. I quickly made their little boy a shirt that said, "promoted to big brother" and Blaise and I called them around 8:30am our time. We didn't say anything right away and just let the conversation flow...
I had asked my IM the day before if she wanted me to test and if they wanted me to share the results. She said, "yes, of course! Maybe wait until day 8 or 9." 
We chatted for a while and then she asked how I was feeling and I said, "really good! I actually woke up early this morning and said I gotta test so...."
We held up the positive test and t-shirt and seeing our IPs expressions and emotions was priceless and a memory I will never forget. I am so glad we were able to tell them that way and all experience the emotions together and capture their reactions.
They were so excited and happy and we talked about when they would plan to come to visit us for the 20-week ultrasound and how long and when they would be coming for the delivery.
It was truly a happy day!!

So, this week I felt really good! I started with a lot of energy and think I was just overly excited. ;) Monday and Tuesday, I had a little on and off queasy feeling, was a little tired after work, and had a watery taste in my mouth but overall felt great! I never got sick with Bryce and Emma and had easy pregnancies. My IM and I are eager to compare and see how this pregnancy is compared to Bryce and Emma.

Later in the week, I didn't have too much of an appetite but found myself snacking on popcorn, cottage cheese, and pineapple one evening before bedtime - which after I ate it; thought that was really weird. With Bryce, I wanted lots of sweet and salty items and lots of veggies (no meats) with Emma, I ate a ton of sweets the entire pregnancy and also craved everything bagels the first 4 weeks. I have also wanted soup for lunch this week! My sense of smell has increased...Thursday, I came home from work and smelled chili and then a little bit later smelled movie theater popcorn!!! I had to send Blaise out to the store to get the items to make chili because the craving wouldn't go away!

Below are some photos of our announcement to our IPs, all the pregnancy tests I took this week, and our official results!!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Another Week Down...