In an awe....

Wow! The last 3 weeks have been so exciting and a lot of hurry up and wait! Our interviews with the social worker went fantastic and we also signed our letter of commitment on July 13th.

On July 18th, we received our first IP's (intended parents) profile to review and had to make a decision on whether or not we would like to move forward and have our first skype call with them to meet and chat. I had a lot of emotions running through me these few days leading up to the call and it felt a little like a blind date—I mean, it’s a bit unusual to meet and talk with a couple you’ve never met before and discuss having a child together! That day, I found myself cleaning the house and picking out an outfit to wear for our call. Blaise just laughed at me and said it's on the computer calm down. ;) During this call the agency is not a part of any of it. They want it to just be the 4 of us and want it to be natural.

On July, 22nd (3pm FL time and 9pm Swiss time) we had our first call. We connected right from the start, and it wasn’t awkward at all. It was great learning about each other and within 40 mins of our conversation, I think we all knew we were meant to be! I loved the things that they said and shared with us from their past surrogacy and the journey they had and was glad to have them lead us through this. Our Intended Mom mentioned that she wanted to gain a sister out of this process and that just warmed my heart. She also shared that they had just had her first surrogate and family over to their country for their baby's baptism and made the surrogate mom his godmother. After our 2 hour call, I looked at Blaise and I knew I’d carry their baby. I felt so good inside and couldn't sleep that evening. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Another Week Down...