Home Stretch....

Week 32, another check-up, starting to get uncomfortable and HOME STRETCH!! Sleeping is defiantly not as easy as it uses to be. Pregnancy insomnia is in full swing now! For the last 2 weeks, I can't turn it off at night and lay in bed for a while before I can fall asleep, roll from side to side all night feeling little man move, have been woken up with some super strong tightening in my stomach and wake up when the sun comes up. Braxton Hicks have been more frequent but nothing steady. I have also been a little more light-headed and the constant urge to pee doesn't go away. The newest craving is WATERMELON! I have never been a huge fan of it but man it is so good and refreshing!!! Also, WATER, I have been a lot thirstier now too. It has also become a lot harder to do simple tasks now...getting up from sitting down on the floor, jumping up off the couch to do something, getting in and out of the truck, and shaving my legs. My belly just gets in the way now and everyone keeps telling me, "I look so low, baby dropped and wow, you really look pregnant now!" I'm feeling it too!!

It has been 3 weeks since my last check-up so I was very anxious to go in today and see how things were progressing. The appointment was great! The nurse said, "I officially have the pregnancy waddle now...before I walked in like nothing, and today I was a little slower moving." Dr. did an ultrasound and said, "Well, I won't be able to get any good photos today because the baby is still head down and now face down too so we can't see his face." Dr. said, "It looks like he is tunneling his way out of there." I was like, "REALLY??? How big is he measuring now?" He took several measurements and everything was coming up between 4.5 and 4.8 pounds and one measurement said I was at 36 weeks. He is no longer sitting like a taco and folded in half and now all stretched out so I think the measurements are more accurate. Dr. Said, "He is not a little baby but also not huge, however, he is above average and my due date was projecting 8/3 which is 10 days ahead of our original date. We decided that based on this, I will go ahead and start weekly appointments so we can keep an eye on the baby's heartbeat and weight gain. His heartbeat was 149 today and he looks so long and big. His daddy is Blaise's height, almost 6'5 so maybe he will be tall too!! 
THINGS GOT SUPER EXCITING TODAY!!!! 

As soon as my appointment was over I called the baby's MUM to give her the update as she was a little worried last time because the baby was measuring smaller at 2 pounds. Hearing her happiness, love and joy gave me chills!! We are all so ready and can't wait to see what happens in the upcoming weeks....It really won't be too much longer now! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOY or GIRL?????

36 days or LESS...

Another Week Down...